Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/24 15:53:57 UTC

Period error with loading openbooks inventory

Hi,
I'm using the OpenBooks sample for a demo and I periodically hit an
Optimistic Lock Exception while loading the database:

ant -f run.xml load

This doesn't happen every time, but often enough to have me post this
question and see if this is a known issue.

     [java] Caused by: <openjpa-2.1.0-SNAPSHOT-r422266:988223M nonfatal
store error> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.OptimisticLockException: An
optimistic lock violation was detected when flushing object instance
"openbook.domain.Inventory-U0205-90" to the data store.  This indicates that
the object was concurrently modified in another transaction.
     [java] FailedObject: openbook.domain.Inventory-U0205-90

Any ideas?

Kevin

Re: Period error with loading openbooks inventory

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.
Yes, MySQL.  My code was current as of the evening of 08/23 (trunk).  Might
be a MySQL issue...

Thanks for trying to reproduce it.

Kevin

Posted by Michael Dick <mi...@gmail.com>.