Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Frank Russo <fr...@FXALL.com> on 2005/11/25 20:41:42 UTC

Weird behavior on central repository for a local resource

I'm trying to build a webapp using the 'mvn package' command. I ran this five minutes ago with no problems. I just ran it again, and I'm getting this error message:

	org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Unable to get dependency information: Unable to read the metadata file for artifact 'com.fxall.fxall-admin:fxall_ext_API:jar': Error getting POM for 'com.fxall.fxall-admin:fxall_ext_API' from the repository: Error transferring file
		com.fxall.fxall-admin:fxall_ext_API:1.0:pom
	from the specified remote repositories:
		central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
		com.fxall.fxall-admin:fxall_ext_API:1.0:jar

The really strange thing about this is that the jar it's having a problem getting from central doesn't exist there. It's a jar I installed in my local repository along with 20+ others. When it tries to load the others from central it just gives this message:

	[WARNING] Unable to get resource from repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

The one that fails should work the same as the others.

I've been having weird problems today with the central repository. It seems that it was down this morning, and has been giving intermittent problems all day. Are these problems normal for maven in general. I'm a new user, and this seems to be show stopper if it happens often enough that I can't build my app for most of a day.

Just curious...

Frank Russo
Senior Developer
FX Alliance, LLC