Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Adam Bellemare <ad...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/17 17:04:25 UTC

Restarting KIP-213 discussion

Hey all

I recently took a crack at implementing my own version of KIP-213 based on code written by the previous committee, Jan. I currently have it dev ready, but I want to restart some of the discussion based on some design decisions that I made, and I need some feedback on a few particular choices.

Here is the KIP: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-213+Support+non-key+joining+in+KTable

My question is, I have a number of diagrams to add, some alternative designs, and various other comments. Do I simply update the above page, or should I create a new KIP? If I update the above page, should I overwrite Jan’s changes with my own, or just maintain a whole new section of my own?

Thanks,

Adam

Re: Restarting KIP-213 discussion

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hello Adam,

Welcome back!

Please feel free to update the the existing KIP. To bookkeep Jan's changes,
I'd suggest adding a new section on the wiki.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang