Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Maurizio Pillitu <m....@sourcesense.com> on 2010/07/26 19:59:04 UTC

OpenCMIS Server Archetype

Hi everyone,
I was following the "How to create a CMIS server using OpenCMIS"[1]
documentation page, but I got stuck on several issues, so I decided to build
and contribute a Maven Archetype; I've filed an issue[2] on Jira.

I think it would be a good idea to contribute it to the OpenCMIS project.

Looking forward to your feedback.
Regards,
  Maurizio

[1] - http://incubator.apache.org/chemistry/how-to-build-a-server.html
[2] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CMIS-243

--
Maurizio Pillitu - 0031 (0)615655668
Opensource Software Engineer

Re: OpenCMIS Server Archetype

Posted by Maurizio Pillitu <m....@sourcesense.com>.
Hi Jens,

@5 you're right, it is a jar dependency, my bad.

@7 you're right, I removed the src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml so that the
opencmis-server-bindings is inherited

Changes have been committed to
http://github.com/sourcesense/cmis-server-archetype

Thanks,
  Maurizio

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Jens Hübel <jh...@opentext.com> wrote:

> Thanks Maurizio this is very valuable feedback. It seems that not all
> changes after the merge with the Chemistry code base have made it to the
> documentation. I have updated the page.
>
> Some comments:
>
> @1) Are sure that you have picked the correct archetype? The simple-webapp
> neither uses Spring nor Struts. I have used number 18 (there was a
> misleading sentence on the documentation page that I have removed now).
>
> @2) is related to 1), works for me
>
> @3) true, I have fixed this
>
> @4) true, I have fixed this
>
> @5) I don't get this one. chemistry-opencmis-server-support is a jar.
>
> @6) Until we have a release I assume that opencmis is built and installed
> in your local repository. I have added a hint on the page.
>
> @7) The mechanism is different. You don't have to uncompress and extract
> anything manually. The overlay mechanism uses the web.xml from the
> server-bindings project (and it requires some more files from there like the
> wsdls). But in the documentation the hint is missing that you have to delete
> the generated src/webapp directory so that this works. I have added this
> hint.
>
> @8) That's up to the user where he wants to deploy. I have added a hint to
> the jetty target in maven.
>
> Perhaps we also should add the complete code to subversion as an easier
> starting point. I will discuss this in the Chemistry community.
>
> Thanks again.
>
> Jens

1.The documentation guides the user through the creation of a webapp using a

Posted by Maurizio Pillitu <m....@sourcesense.com>.
Hi Jens,

Posted by Jens Hübel <jh...@opentext.com>.
Hi Maurizio,