Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Craig Riecke <Cr...@cxtec.com> on 2009/10/21 21:57:43 UTC

Does work for multiple nodes?

This is ODE 1.3.2.  The following expression works fine in an assign activity:

<![CDATA[ode:insert-as-last-into(
$output.payload/tns:firstLevel/tns:secondLevel,
$input.payload/tns:firstLevel/tns:secondLevel[position()=2]
)
]]>

But remove the predicate [position()=2] and append /* (or /tns:* or /tns:thirdLevel) to return multiple nodes and  it blows up with:

Error while executing an XPath expression: net.sf.saxon.trans.XPathException: javax.xml.xpath.XPathFunctionException: Unexpected argument type: class org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredElementNSImpl

But according to the docs, it is supposed to work with multiple nodes.  Am I missing something?

Re: Does work for multiple nodes?

Posted by Rafal Rusin <ra...@gmail.com>.
Can you provide a deployable + request for it?

2009/10/21 Craig Riecke <Cr...@cxtec.com>:
> This is ODE 1.3.2.  The following expression works fine in an assign activity:
>
> <![CDATA[ode:insert-as-last-into(
> $output.payload/tns:firstLevel/tns:secondLevel,
> $input.payload/tns:firstLevel/tns:secondLevel[position()=2]
> )
> ]]>
>
> But remove the predicate [position()=2] and append /* (or /tns:* or /tns:thirdLevel) to return multiple nodes and  it blows up with:
>
> Error while executing an XPath expression: net.sf.saxon.trans.XPathException: javax.xml.xpath.XPathFunctionException: Unexpected argument type: class org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredElementNSImpl
>
> But according to the docs, it is supposed to work with multiple nodes.  Am I missing something?

Rafał Rusin
http://www.touk.pl
http://top.touk.pl
http://people.apache.org/~rr/