Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Roman Kunert <ku...@yobe.de> on 2001/08/30 21:51:01 UTC

How to avoid caching ?

Hello,

I am sure that this must have been answered previously but I haven't found
anything in the archives...

I have a xsp-page which retrieves content from the database via esql, this
page gets transformed by an xsl-page to html. Changes to the xsl-page will
be applied with the next request whereas when I change the xsp-page nothing
happens until I restart the server. Is there a way to avoid this behaviour
and have the changes of the xsp-file applied with every request without
restarting?

Thanks, Roman.

RE: How to avoid caching ?

Posted by java guru <ja...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi.,
changes NOT getting reflected immediately:

1. Please refer to the xsp-internals on
xml.apache.org. Its clearly mentioned there that

**
Once instantiated, the program is kept in an in-memory
cache for speeding up subsequent requests.

For each request, the source XML document is checked
for changes and the program instance is queried for
dependency changes so that the program can be
automatically regenerated and reloaded if needed. This
default behavior can be disabled by means of a sitemap
parameter.
**

2. Now, this works great for me. And also if u want to
play around, there is params passed to
"ProgramGenerator" in conf file..Please have look at
them..

 --- Tim Nelson <ti...@saic.com> wrote: >
Roman,

> I had a similar problem with an XSL stylesheet which
> was retrieving XML
> content through an extension function.  It ran great
> the first time but
> never changed until I restarted cocoon.  I ended up
> creating a new
> transformer which didn't implement
> org.apache.cocoon.caching.Cacheable and
> now it works great.  I would be interested in how I
> could have configured
> the exiting transformer to not cache however.
>
> Tim

=====
Thanks and have great day
srini