Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Paulo David Oliveira <pa...@optimus.pt> on 2005/01/20 12:34:12 UTC

LPX-00201: unknown encoding "UTF-8"

The problem we have since yesterday on XML is the following one:

When running the following function :
Parser.xmlparseBuffer((DOMString) rw_BUFFER.data(),rw_BUFFER.length(),0,
flags))

We got the following error: LPX-00201: unknown encoding "UTF-8"

But :

we are sure we are using UTF-8.
rw_BUFFER.data() is supposed to contain a file that is working (we
tested it on other environment)

We try to compile and run on other platform and we have the same
problem.

So, we extracted ALL the code/makefile of the last version and compile
that one on :

our server -> we got same error
on the server used by developer -> same error

If you have ever encountered this kind of problem or something similar,
it may be usefull.

Thank You

Re: LPX-00201: unknown encoding "UTF-8"

Posted by David Cargill <ca...@ca.ibm.com>.

Hi,
Xercesc supports UTF-8.  The message "LPX-00201: unknown encoding" is not
issued by xercesc.  Where is this message coming from?  Xercesc messages
don't have numbers (LPX-00201).

Regards,
David A. Cargill

             "Paulo David