Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by ad...@multinet.net on 1996/07/22 15:33:33 UTC

WWW Form Bug Report: "virtualhost documentroot directive overrides others" on FreeBSD

Submitter: admin@multinet.net
Operating system: FreeBSD, version:
Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1
Extra Modules used:
URL exhibiting problem:

Symptoms:
--
Not a major "BUG" but may cause confusion:
a DocumentRoot directive (like, say, in a virtualhost

Backtrace:

----- End of forwarded message from admin@multinet.net -----

--
Rob Hartill (robh@imdb.com)

Re: WWW Form Bug Report: "virtualhost documentroot directive overrides others" on FreeBSD

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
On Mon, 22 Jul 1996 admin@multinet.net wrote:
> Submitter: admin@multinet.net
> Operating system: FreeBSD, version:
> Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1
> Extra Modules used:
> URL exhibiting problem:
>
> Symptoms:
> --
> Not a major "BUG" but may cause confusion:
> a DocumentRoot directive (like, say, in a virtualhost
> declaration) seems to clobber any previous "default"
> DocumentRoot declarations in httpd.conf, which
> isn't a major problem cause you can just re-declare
> the default DocumentRoot at some point after all
> your virtualhost declarations in the config file.
> might want to mention it somewhere though. took
> me a half hour of muttering obscenities to notice.

Hmm, this can't be right.  Are you saying that in a config file which
looks like this

  DocumentRoot /www/htdocs/default

  <VirtualHost foobar.com>
  DocumentRoot /www/htdocs/foobar.com
  </VirtualHost>

then the first DocumentRoot is "clobbered" by the second?  I have not seen
this happen anywhere else, and I have my httpd.conf set up just like this.
Is there something else going on?

	Brian