Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Juan Pablo Pizarro <ju...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/11 17:33:27 UTC

textarea Encoding

Hi All, I've a problem with textarea encoding. I use struts 2.0.11. I
put things like áí or ü into a text area, then I pass that value to
others pages (through session) and the the characters appear as "?".

I looked forums and all problems had a Db involved, not mine.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Juan Pablo.

Re: textarea Encoding

Posted by Joachim Rohde <ma...@joachimrohde.com>.
Hi,

are the values still correct within your controller? And which Server
are you using?

I once had a similar problem, but I am not sure, if my solution can be
applied to your problem. In my case I tried to deliver strings with
umlauts as a GET-request-parameter to my controller, which failed. As
server I used Tomcat. I had to set the URIEncoding of Tomcat to UTF-8
what solved my problem. A comprehensive description of the problem (and
solution) can be found here:
http://tompson.wordpress.com/2007/01/29/encoding-filter-for-java-web-applications/

Hope that helps