Posted to dev@milagro.apache.org by Kealan McCusker <ke...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/09 15:08:14 UTC

ZKP MFA

Hi All

I would like to start a discussion about what should be in the first
release of the ZKP MFA component of the Milagro server.

ZKP MFA, at it's simplest, is a drop in replacement for username / password
that enables multi-factor authentication, no server side hashed password db
and, best of all, it works in software!

Here are two ways to integrate ZKP MFA into your system;

1. Directly
2. OpenId Connect (ODIC)

Obviously, only the second option allows federation of identity. I propose,
at least initially, that we directly integrate the authentication server
into a system requiring this service.

There is also in the current Milagor repo's an old method of integrating
ZKP MFA. In my view, it is not fit for purpose and should not be followed.

Regards

Kealan

Re: ZKP MFA

Posted by Giorgio Zoppi <gi...@gmail.com>.
Dear all,
the main point here is interop with other apache products, i.e. Fineract,
OfBiz, Tomcat, httpd.
If  we want users, those might be the our first class citizen.
Provide them a way to use our product and OIDC is a way.
best regards,
giorgio.

--
Life is a chess game - Anonymous.