Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Adams <ro...@redshift.co.za> on 2001/01/17 12:19:27 UTC

NEWBIE PROBLEM: JSP files under htdocs in Apache

Hi I do not know if I am to junior for this list.

I am running apache and tomcat.
I got apache to pass requests for servlets and jsp files to tomcat, but only
the default example JSP pages in the /examples directory under tomcat.

The problem is that I cannot get tomcat to look at JSP files under my
htdocs(apache) dir, it can only process stuff under the examples dir.

How do I configure tomcat to process(compile) JSP pages to servlets located
elsewhere from the default directories.

A Newbie

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Robert,

This kind of question is much better addressed to the TOMCAT-USER mailing list.
TOMCAT-DEV is for discussions about how to build Tomcat itself, not how to use
it.  You can subscribe by sending an empty message to
TOMCAT-USER-SUBSCRIBE@JAKARTA.APACHE.ORG or follow the link on the Jakarta web
site.

Thanks,
Craig McClanahan