Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Vytautas <tu...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/31 07:53:40 UTC

MetaDataKey in Wicket 1.5

Hi!
  Does anybody uses MetaDataKey in wicket 1.5 (Using wicket 1.5-rc2)?

  I've created simple quickstart application and added such code into HomePage:

private static final MetaDataKey<String> DATA = new MetaDataKey<String>() {

		/**
		 *
		 */
	};
     public HomePage(final PageParameters parameters) {
		add(new Label("version", getApplication().getFrameworkSettings().getVersion()));
		System.out.println(Session.get().getMetaData(DATA));
		Session.get().setMetaData(DATA, String.valueOf(Math.random()));
     }

However Session.get().getMetaData(DATA) always returns null. I did not find anything related to this in migration guide.
Any suggestions or usage examples? :)

Vytautas

Re: MetaDataKey in Wicket 1.5

Posted by Vytautas <tu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, it did help ;)

On 03/31/2011 09:02 AM, Martin Grigorov wrote:
> Session metadata is used by InterceptData
> (RestartResponseAtInterceptPageException), ClientInfo and CryptoMapper, so
> yes, it is used :-)
>
> A wild guess is that HomePage is stateless and thus you always have new
> Session instance.
> Just add Session.get().bind() in HomePage ctor and see.
>
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 8:53 AM, Vytautas<tu...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>   Does anybody uses MetaDataKey in wicket 1.5 (Using wicket 1.5-rc2)?
>>
>>   I've created simple quickstart application and added such code into
>> HomePage:
>>
>> private static final MetaDataKey<String>  DATA = new MetaDataKey<String>() {
>>
>>                 /**
>>                  *
>>                  */
>>                 private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
>>         };
>>     public HomePage(final PageParameters parameters) {
>>                 add(new Label("version",
>> getApplication().getFrameworkSettings().getVersion()));
>>                 System.out.println(Session.get().getMetaData(DATA));
>>                 Session.get().setMetaData(DATA,
>> String.valueOf(Math.random()));
>>     }
>>
>> However Session.get().getMetaData(DATA) always returns null. I did not find
>> anything related to this in migration guide.
>> Any suggestions or usage examples? :)
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Vytautas

Vytautas

Re: MetaDataKey in Wicket 1.5

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Session metadata is used by InterceptData
(RestartResponseAtInterceptPageException), ClientInfo and CryptoMapper, so
yes, it is used :-)

A wild guess is that HomePage is stateless and thus you always have new
Session instance.
Just add Session.get().bind() in HomePage ctor and see.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 8:53 AM, Vytautas <tu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>  Does anybody uses MetaDataKey in wicket 1.5 (Using wicket 1.5-rc2)?
>
>  I've created simple quickstart application and added such code into
> HomePage:
>
> private static final MetaDataKey<String> DATA = new MetaDataKey<String>() {
>
>                /**
>                 *
>                 */
>                private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
>        };
>    public HomePage(final PageParameters parameters) {
>                add(new Label("version",
> getApplication().getFrameworkSettings().getVersion()));
>                System.out.println(Session.get().getMetaData(DATA));
>                Session.get().setMetaData(DATA,
> String.valueOf(Math.random()));
>    }
>
> However Session.get().getMetaData(DATA) always returns null. I did not find
> anything related to this in migration guide.
> Any suggestions or usage examples? :)
>
> --
> Regards,
> Vytautas