Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Debraj Manna <su...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/08 11:21:02 UTC

Decommissioning YARN resource manager node

Hi

I have 3 nodes running only resource-manager. I want to change it to 2
nodes. Can someone let me know what is the recommended a way to
decommission a node running resource-manager? I have seen the below link
but it explains only about nodemanager

https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/GracefulDecommission.html

Can I just do the following (downtime is not a problem here)

   1. Stop resourcemanager and nodemanager in all the nodes
   2. Remove the node details from all the yarn-site.xml files
   3. Restart the resourcemanager and nodemanager services in the remaining
   nodes

Hadoop Version - 2.6.0

Re: Decommissioning YARN resource manager node

Posted by Debraj Manna <su...@gmail.com>.
I have posted the same in StackOverflow
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/61099510/decomission-yarn-resource-manager-node>
and
did not get much reply there also. Anyone any thoughts on this?

Re: Unsubscribe

Posted by "epayne@apache.org" <ep...@apache.org>.
For unsubscribing to mailing lists, please see the following link:

https://hadoop.apache.org/mailing_lists.html

I hope that helps.
-Eric Payne-

On Wednesday, April 8, 2020, 8:36:58 AM CDT, S B <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

Unsubscribe--
When the going gets TOUGH, the TOUGH get going!

Posted by S B <sa...@gmail.com>.
Unsubscribe--

Posted by Debraj Manna <su...@gmail.com>.
Yes we have more than two. So wanted to stop the third one and wanted to
confirm the recommended steps for doing the same.