Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Luis Rodrigo Gallardo Cruz <ro...@nul-unu.com> on 2007/03/29 00:11:46 UTC

RSS feeds and authentication

I have a T4 application that's supposed to generate RSS feeds,
tailored to each user. Right now, for my html pages, I'm using a
normal login form for authentication, and a pageValidate listener on
my base class to rediret to it if needed.

This approach, however, will not work on an RSS reader, so I would
like them to use HTTP authentication. Does anyone have some pointers
on how to
 - Portably plug in my user database into HTTP auth? (I'm developing
   on Tomcat, but my user will probably insist on WebSphere.)
 - Get T4 to interact with that?

Thanks in advance.

--
Rodrigo Gallardo
GPG-Fingerprint: 7C81 E60C 442E 8FBC D975  2F49 0199 8318 ADC9 BC28