Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Vladimir Kokovic <vl...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/14 13:45:08 UTC

Apache NetBeans IDE DEV, terminal, cygwin is not installed

Hi,

Is there any explanation why NetBeans can't use "cmd window" or "mingw-msys" but only needs a cygwin terminal.
The external terminal works with all terminals as specified.
Otherwise I use (linux) and (wine, mingw64) NetBeans dev.

Vladimir Kokovic, DP senior (69)
Serbia, Belgrade, April 14, 2020

Re: Apache NetBeans IDE DEV, terminal, cygwin is not installed

Posted by Vladimir Kokovic <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

That's right.
Why can't an external terminal be used?

Re: Apache NetBeans IDE DEV, terminal, cygwin is not installed

Posted by Vladimir Kokovic <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

To understand the problem I have in the context of wine-NetBeans, let me try to describe the current situation.
In wine, I failed to install either cygwin or msys2 which in my opinion is the ultimate misery.
If I try a c ++ run project, NetBeans starts the run but does not make standard input/output streams, so no interaction is possible.
For now, my solution is debug, because the debugger makes a cmd window in which interaction is possible.

Re: Apache NetBeans IDE DEV, terminal, cygwin is not installed

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.
Maybe we are thinking of different things but you basically want the IDE to
just execute externally another terminal-like app?

--emi

mar., 14 apr. 2020, 17:32 Vladimir Kokovic <vl...@gmail.com> a
scris:

Posted by Vladimir Kokovic <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com>.
Nor sure about mingw but I guess the cmd window was not a VT when this was
implemented in NetBeans?

(I guess it might be a VT nowadays, but maybe not.)

--emi