Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Sungwoo Park <gl...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/23 17:33:27 UTC

Announce: MR3 0.6 released

I am pleased to announce the release of MR3 0.6. New key features are:

- In Hive on Kubernetes, DAGAppMaster can run in its own Pod.
- MR3-UI requires only Timeline Server.
- Hive on MR3 is much more stable because it supports memory monitoring
when loading hash tables for Map-side join.

You can download MR3 0.6 at:

https://mr3.postech.ac.kr/download/home/

With the release of MR3 0.6, I ran experiments to compare the performance
of Impala, Presto, and Hive on MR3. The result can be found in a new
article:

https://mr3.postech.ac.kr/blog/2019/03/22/performance-evaluation-0.6/

I hope you enjoy reading the article.

--- Sungwoo