Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Ronald Lamprecht <R....@T-Online.de> on 2006/01/05 18:26:07 UTC

3.0 trunk - icu m4 macro - hardcoded paths

Hi,

trunk/m4/xerces_icu_prefix.m4 by James Berry uses a hardcoded pathlist
in line 25:

 > search_list="$with_icu /usr/local /usr"

This causes trouble on crosscompilation, when the compile hosts icu is
found and the host libs are added.

Even though there are switches "--disable-transcoder-icu" and
"--with-icu" to manually correct the malfunction, a macro without
hardcoded paths would be preferable.

Usage of the crosscompile compatible "AC_CHECK_HEADERS" macro instead of
the last two paths should solve the problem.

Ronald

Re: 3.0 trunk - icu m4 macro - hardcoded paths

Posted by Ronald Lamprecht <R....@T-Online.de>.
Hi James,

No patch is yet available.

I am not an autoconf/m4 guru. I did stick to the workarounds when I
noticed that my patch solution idea would cause changes in the
XERCES_ICU_PREFIX semantics and patches for XERCES_TRANSCODER_SELECTION,
too. I am sure people would prefer your well structured, readable type
of m4 code.

Ronald

Posted by James Berry <jb...@apache.org>.
Hi Ronald,