Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by rb...@covalent.net on 2000/12/02 04:42:35 UTC

Code Re-org.

Roy,

As long as you are going to do the code re-org, can I impose on you to do
one more thing?  Currently we are using a hosed repository for MM, because
I started by importing it the first time, but I didn't really understand
how to upgrade MM when a new version came out, so I used commit to get the
new version into CVS.  This will make it hard to import new versions of MM
in the future.  Could you fix this?

The fix is relatively easy, we just have to get a diff of what we have in
CVS now against the most recent version of MM from Ralf.  Then, we import
the latest version into CVS and apply the patch.  I was going to wait
until Ralf released the latest version of MM to fix this, but I would
prefer to not have this problem in the new repository.  If you don't want
to deal with this, just let me know and don't put MM in the
repository.  I'll add it as soon as you complete the re-org.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: Code Re-org.

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
On Tue, 12 Dec 2000 fielding@ebuilt.com wrote:

> Catching up on old mail while sitting in an IETF session...
>
> On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 07:42:35PM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> > As long as you are going to do the code re-org, can I impose on you to do
> > one more thing?  Currently we are using a hosed repository for MM, because
> > I started by importing it the first time, but I didn't really understand
> > how to upgrade MM when a new version came out, so I used commit to get the
> > new version into CVS.  This will make it hard to import new versions of MM
> > in the future.  Could you fix this?
>
> I didn't do this only because I never reorg'd apr and it didn't seem
> safe to do it myself -- sounds like a good idea though.

At this point, I am waiting for Ralf to release the next version of
MM.  We need to do a lot of munging when that happens, because I hacked in
a solution that he is adding to the core of MM.  Chances are he won't use
my solution, so there will be conflicts.  Rather than do this twice, I'm
just waiting.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: Code Re-org.

Posted by fi...@ebuilt.com.
Catching up on old mail while sitting in an IETF session...

On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 07:42:35PM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> As long as you are going to do the code re-org, can I impose on you to do
> one more thing?  Currently we are using a hosed repository for MM, because
> I started by importing it the first time, but I didn't really understand
> how to upgrade MM when a new version came out, so I used commit to get the
> new version into CVS.  This will make it hard to import new versions of MM
> in the future.  Could you fix this?

I didn't do this only because I never reorg'd apr and it didn't seem
safe to do it myself -- sounds like a good idea though.

....Roy

p.s. Sony Vaio C1VN with wireless ORiNOCO card rocks!  Now if I could just
     find the time to install a real OS...