Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Abhishek Roy <ab...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/28 13:08:34 UTC

Serialization issue in storm spouts and bolts (methods running on different threads)

Hi guys,

I am new to Storm and trying to use storm-0.9.1-incubating in our project.
I noticed that I have Spout methods (open() and nextTuple() each running on
different threads) whereas I need each of spout methods to be executed by
same threads.
Same is the case with Bolt methods (prepare() and execute()).
Any quick suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks and Regards,
Abhishek Roy

Re: Serialization issue in storm spouts and bolts (methods running on different threads)

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Abhishek,

It is little difficult to understand your requirements. An explanation of
why you need such a functionality may help us understand your problem
better.

Thanks,
Supun..

--