Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Oleg Gusakov <ol...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/07 23:34:18 UTC

[VOTE] Release mercury-1.0-alpha-6

Hi,

Iterative alpha release. Major fixes:
- # of dependencies - less'n 64 were ordered correctly the rest used to
be random ordering
- bad/missing repository metadata is worked around in most cases

Mercury-ant is now successfully used to bootstrap build Maven3 trunk.
Working towards implementing Maven repository system.

We solved 7 issues:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MERCURY/fixforversion/14964

Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-staging-002/

Guide to testing staged releases:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html

Vote open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Re: [VOTE] Release mercury-1.0-alpha-6

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.
+1

On 7-Apr-09, at 2:34 PM, Oleg Gusakov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Iterative alpha release. Major fixes:
> - # of dependencies - less'n 64 were ordered correctly the rest used
> to be random ordering
> - bad/missing repository metadata is worked around in most cases
>
> Mercury-ant is now successfully used to bootstrap build Maven3
> trunk. Working towards implementing Maven repository system.
>
> We solved 7 issues:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MERCURY/fixforversion/14964
>
> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-staging-002/
>
> Guide to testing staged releases:
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-testing-releases.html
>
> Vote open for 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] +0
> [ ] -1

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Re: [VOTE] Release mercury-1.0-alpha-6

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
Oleg Gusakov wrote:

> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-staging-002/

+1

Repeated runs of the ITs revealed some instabilities that I recorded in
MERCURY-112 and MERCURY-113 for future investigation.

Benjamin

Re: [VOTE] Release mercury-1.0-alpha-6

Posted by Oleg Gusakov <ol...@gmail.com>.

Paul Gier wrote:
> Ok, +1 for the release.
>
> I'll take a look at the SatSolver interface.  Will there eventually be
> a way to load customizations using a build extension or something like
> it?
As I said - SatSolver interface is work-in-progress, so don't hold your
breath :) The two missing pieces are:
- initialization/configuration
- explanation

As soon as I am clear about those in the current impl., I'll add them to
the interface. But most probably not in 1.0

Build-extension - Mercury is a library, so it does not know anything
about container. As such - all configurations are now parametrized.
Which is not too cool - I agree on that.  I miss a container big time :(
Maybe later, but it need to be generic to meet design goals

Thanks,
Oleg

Posted by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com>.
Ok, +1 for the release.

Posted by Oleg Gusakov <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com>.
I have a few questions and then I will give my +1.

It looks like the ant tasks are part of the tag [1], but they are still marked
as a snapshot version.  Is the ant-tasks module not part of the release?  Will
there be a separate release for this?

I also tried running a simple project using the ant tasks and was not able to
get it working [2].  Maybe this will be addressed in a future release.

Posted by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com>.
My client (thunderbird) did the same thing.  Maybe Oleg replied to one of the
messages in the previous vote thread and so kept some of the headers.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
+1

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
+1

Posted by Alin Dreghiciu <ad...@gmail.com>.
Excellent. +1 (non binding).
I have a related question: Can you guys also release
org.apache.maven:maven-mercury:jar:3.0-SNAPSHOT so we have a stable
artifacts to build against. Otherwise like in the mercury-1.0-alpha-5
release, the snapshot will (possibly) move forward and it will not be
useful anymore. And the dependency is needed for
MavenDependencyProcessor.

Thanx.

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 12:34 AM, Oleg Gusakov
<ol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Iterative alpha release. Major fixes:
> - # of dependencies - less'n 64 were ordered correctly the rest used to be
> random ordering
> - bad/missing repository metadata is worked around in most cases
>
> Mercury-ant is now successfully used to bootstrap build Maven3 trunk.
> Working towards implementing Maven repository system.
>
> We solved 7 issues:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MERCURY/fixforversion/14964
>
> Staging repo:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-staging-002/