Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Christoph Kiehl <ki...@subshell.com> on 2007/01/14 18:24:42 UTC

Re: Created: (JCR-707) Date queries fail on large repositories

Jukka Zitting (JIRA) wrote:
> Date queries fail on large repositories
> ---------------------------------------
>
>                  Key: JCR-707

Is anyone currently working on this issue? It's quite essential for us. Are
there any estimates when this is going to be fixed? If no one is working on it
yet, I'll try to find the reason.

Cheers,
Christoph

Re: Created: (JCR-707) Date queries fail on large repositories

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 1/14/07, Christoph Kiehl <ki...@subshell.com> wrote:
> Jukka Zitting (JIRA) wrote:
> > Date queries fail on large repositories
> > ---------------------------------------
> >
> >                  Key: JCR-707
>
> Is anyone currently working on this issue? It's quite essential for us. Are
> there any estimates when this is going to be fixed? If no one is working on it
> yet, I'll try to find the reason.

I'm looking at it, though help is much appreciated. I'm currently
trying to isolate whether it's a Lucene or a Jackrabbit issue.
Jackrabbit uses a slightly customized Lucene index, which might
explain this, but I've yet to exactly pinpoint the cause of the issue.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Created: (JCR-707) Date queries fail on large repositories

Posted by Christoph Kiehl <ki...@subshell.com>.
Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Can you check whether Marcel's fix works for you? You can build a
> version containing the fix from branches/1.2.

I'll check it tommorrow morning. I'll let you know if it works. I'm glad Marcel
had some time to fix this issue. I was too busy the last days to have a look.

Cheers,
Christoph

Re: Created: (JCR-707) Date queries fail on large repositories

Posted by David Johnson <db...@gmail.com>.
My initial tests also work with our repository.  This was a JCA repository
running in JBoss with a MySQL datasource.  I upgraded to the 1.2 branch,
without deleting the index directories (i.e., using the 1.1.1 index).  I
plan on deleting the 1.1.1 index directories and testing again.

-Dave

Posted by Christoph Kiehl <ki...@subshell.com>.

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 1/14/07, Christoph Kiehl <ki...@subshell.com> wrote:
> Is anyone currently working on this issue? It's quite essential for us. Are
> there any estimates when this is going to be fixed?

Can you check whether Marcel's fix works for you? You can build a
version containing the fix from branches/1.2.

If it works also for you, then I'll wrap up another release candidate
and restart the release vote.

BR,

Jukka Zitting