Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Johan Compagner <jc...@j-com.nl> on 2000/12/27 19:38:31 UTC

Re: i18n and (change it!)

Change it!
Got my vote!

2 options are still open for me:

struts-forms: Only form specifiek  and struts-html: other besides form.
or
struts-html: All including forms.

The first approache is in my eyes slightly better but if you think struts-forms can
be used better for something else then use the second one.

Johan

Posted by Michael Westbay <we...@seaple.icc.ne.jp>.
Compagner-san wrote:

> Change it!
> Got my vote!
>
> 2 options are still open for me:
>
> struts-forms: Only form specifiek  and struts-html: other besides form.
> or
> struts-html: All including forms.

I agree, now is the time.

I would lean toward the second option as it would make porting easier.  And as
McClanahan-san mentioned, it would leave struts-form open to something else like
XForm.  (But then again, why not struts-xform for that?)

The major benifit from the first option, a separate form-centric taglib would be
to distinguish those things that can ONLY be found within <form:form>...
</form:form> tags from the rest of the HTML tags - which can go anywhere.  (But
then again, if you break the tags up that far, would you go to breaking up
header-centric, body-centric, and frame-centric tags into other libraries as
well?)

Hmm.  I contridict myself twice in one message.  After due deliberation with
myself, I think that now I'm agreeing more with Compagner-san, struts-html AND
struts-forms, even with the additional porting task, would be the best bet.

--
Michael Westbay
Work: Beacon-IT http://www.beacon-it.co.jp/