Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "Corey, Mike" <mi...@sap.com> on 2020/12/08 18:31:01 UTC

Troubleshooting Console Proxy

Hi,

I believe I have configured the console proxy correctly but I'd like to verify the console proxy is using my wildcard certificate.  When I loaded the wildcard cert, root, and sub root, key, etc. through the CS portal I got a "succeed" message and the system vms reloaded, but the console isn't loading.

How can I verify the Console VM is using my custom wildcard cert? Is it an openssl command or a mysql query?

What logs should I be looking for an error message as to why my console window is blank?

The public IP of the console proxy vm is in DNS and resolves.  The management log shows that the url is being provided but again just a blank window.

2020-12-08 11:21:58,424 DEBUG [c.c.s.ConsoleProxyServlet] (qtp1497845528-16:null) (logid:) Compose console url: http://<I-P.domain.name>/ajax?token=mORLUQO3R5lrOdIrRZsozUg2LnLTx5jGtgJnhHRX_-1WmlyxDZzQsaZ7nmuU_KFpd9egjZtkx74ftae3wUpF2IdvRKy7HlYodQBtQf9ldJvZhYNr1GOnxWJYZAAxTPatkVhbVg9Q9gJqFVXB5ebphg1MyGzktZgu6I5VwweGtH2tJcBFqOeUH7utMAzOeGdQW6RXZXi3HWjUSnWs4AzxwX53yFGiS1nOB2lCqAkz8-PUkx7qvfDFkxLEs6iVYTNTaowejHS13_yHeSf7t_xQFkXs1MeQNqEUcBAFaevWbSg&guest=windows

Posted by "Corey, Mike" <mi...@sap.com>.
Thanks to those for the feedback.

For whatever reason I thought I'd try destroying and allowing the ConsoleVM to regenerate.  Doing so fixed my VM console access.

I don't know if when I modified/added the wildcard certificate if the original ConsoleVM borked or what but regenerating the vm fixed my issue.

Mike

Posted by Richard Lawley <ri...@richardlawley.com>.

Posted by Richard Lawley <ri...@richardlawley.com>.