Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Charles Greer <Ch...@marklogic.com> on 2017/10/25 16:48:31 UTC

Binding graph names for WITH and USING

Hi jena folks, I was surprised recently with a customer who was surprised that my jena connector did not properly

bind graph names as variables after WITH.

WITH ?g

INSERT ...

DELETE ...

When I looked back at the SPARQL specs, it looks indeed true that variables are inadmissable after WITH or USING.

I am curious about how to write a workaround, short of putting a literal in for ?g

Thanks, Charles

Charles Greer
Lead Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation
cgreer@marklogic.com
@grechaw
www.marklogic.com

Re: Binding graph names for WITH and USING

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Yes, sorry, I missed "UpdateBuilder" has "with(Object)".

We still don't know if they mean "all graphs" or template for "this graph".

Posted by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com>.

<http://like-like.xenei.com>

Re: Binding graph names for WITH and USING

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by james anderson <ja...@dydra.com>.
good evening;

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Charles,

Indeed as the spec says:

[41]  	Modify	  ::=
    	( 'WITH' iri )?
         ( DeleteClause InsertClause? | InsertClause ) UsingClause*
         'WHERE' GroupGraphPattern

Where does the value for $g come from in the example?

     Andy