Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Xavier <xa...@audivox.fr> on 2012/02/22 11:53:21 UTC

'location' fieldType indexation impossible

Hi,

When i try to index my location field i get this error for each documents :
*ATTENTION: Error creating document .... Error adding field
'emploi_city_geoloc'='48.85,2.5525' ....*
(so i have 0 files indexed)

Here is my schema.xml :
*<field name="emploi_city_geoloc" type="location" indexed="true"
stored="false"/>*

I really don't understand why it isnt working because, it was working on my
local server with the same configuration (Solr 3.5.0) and the same database
!!!

If i try to use "geohash" instead of "location" it is working for
indexation, but my geodist query in front isnt working anymore ...

Any ideas ?

Best regards,
Xavier

Re: 'location' fieldType indexation impossible

Posted by Xavier <xa...@audivox.fr>.
You totally get it :)

I'v deleted thoses dynamicField (though it was just an exemple), why didn't
i read the comment above the line  !!!!!

Thanks alot ;)

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Make sure that your schema file is exactly the same on both
your local server and the remote server. Especially there should
be a dynamic field definition like:
<dynamicField name="*_coordinate" type="tdouble" indexed="true" stored="false"/>

and you should see a couple of fields appear like
emploi_city_geoloc_0_coordinate and
emploi_city_geoloc_1_coordinate
when you index a "location" type in the field you indicated.

This has tripped me up in the past.

If that doesn't apply, then you need to provide more information,
more of the stack trace, what you've tried etc.

Because saying:
"I really don't understand why it isnt working because, it was working on my
local server with the same configuration (Solr 3.5.0) and the same database
!!!"

Is another way of saying "Something's different between
the two versions, I just don't know what yet" <G>...

So I'd start (make a backup first) by just copying my entire configuration
from my local machine to the remote one, restarting Solr and trying
again.....

Best
Erick