Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christian Mallwitz <c....@intershop.de> on 2000/11/09 17:21:20 UTC

largeFile init parameter

Hi,

I read about the largeFile init parameter and set it to true in my
conf/web.xml file. but the static HTML is still in the class file.

The FAQ says: "If the file is really large then all the static html is
stored is a separate data file if the value of this param is set to true."

How large is large and can I modify that?

Thanks
Christian
--
Christian Mallwitz INTERSHOP Communications Germany
Senior Software Engineer    phone: +49 3641 894 334

Re: Problems getting generated images through the IIS connector.

Posted by John Ellis <jd...@home.com>.
This is just a guess, but maybe it has something to do with the extension
(.jpg).  Maybe IIS is resetting the mime type after you have sent it.  Try (if
you are trying this already then disreguard this message) making the servlet
mapping more like this:
/root/binaries/image/*, then build the query string like this
/root/binaries/images/<query_string>/image.jpg and see if that helps.  In your
servlet, you can use javax.servlet.http.HttpUtils/parseQueryString to parse the
query string for you.

Hope it helps,

John

Posted by Etienne Baert <eb...@sps.be>.