Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Alexey Orlov <al...@microsoft.com> on 2015/01/13 18:45:08 UTC

RE: Contributing to C# implementation

Hello to all. I'm afraid I need to ask for help again. As suggested I have created a JIRA issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1625 about contributing C# library created by Microsoft to the project. The issue is almost 4 weeks old now and seems to be completely "dead". (I understand there was a holiday season, but it's supposed to be well over now).

What is supposed to happen? Should I take it, that no comments in the issue means there is no interest? Or should I make any particular steps. (Like I said before I'm very new to Apache procedures, so I may be missing some elementary and obvious thing)

So, what I should do to revive the discussion and push it forward. And more general where could I read about the case like mine, i.e. when someone would like to contribute a whole new implementation rather than contributing to existing code?

Thank you a lot,
Alexey