Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ajay Gondhiya <Aj...@accelrys.com> on 2003/06/23 15:42:24 UTC

Question regarding a webservice on Axis+Jboss for C++ client on windows

I am a newbie so this may be a basic question.

I would like to publish an EJB based webservice on Axis+JBoss and the
consumer of the webservice is going to be a windows C++ application. In
Axis user guide, I saw examples of java clients but I did not find any
documentation on C++ clients so I am wondering if it is possible to
consume Axis webservice from a windows C++ client? If it is possible, I
would also like to know if there are any limitations (or things to be
aware of) in that approach. Any pointers to documentation/samples that can
help me in this approach would be a great help.
Thanks in advance,

Ajay

Re: Question regarding a webservice on Axis+Jboss for C++ client on windows

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
That's correct.
Posted by Ajay Gondhiya <Aj...@accelrys.com>.
Anne,

Thanks for the information.

Just to probe a little further so that I understand the process correctly,
I am assuming that on Axis side I will have to use Java to WSDL to
generate WSDL for the EJB and provide the WSDL to windows client with the
assumption that toolkits like MS SOAP Toolkit will offer WSDL to C++
binding  and generate the client side stubs in C++ (similar to IDL in
Corba).
Can you please confirm that my understanding is correct or not.

Feel free to suggest.
Thanks again,

Ajay

"Anne Thomas Manes" <an...@manes.net>