Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Nick Leaton <ni...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/12 11:36:49 UTC

fileset problem

I'm trying to create a zip file to archive source.

However, I want to exclude the .hg directory (mercurial) apart from
the .hg/hgrc file which contains the configuration for the repository.

I can't get the fileset working properly. This is my attempt.

	<target name="archive">
		<tstamp/>
		<antcall target="clean"/>
		<zip destfile="c:/archive/${ant.project.name}-${DSTAMP}.zip">
			<fileset dir=".">
				<exclude name=".hg"/>
			</fileset>
			<fileset dir=".">
				<include name=".hg/hgrc"/>
			</fileset>
		</zip>
	</target>

Any ideas?

--
Nick

Re: fileset problem

Posted by Nick Leaton <ni...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. Obvious in the end.

Nick

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 2010-07-12, Nick Leaton wrote:
>
>> However, I want to exclude the .hg directory (mercurial) apart from
>> the .hg/hgrc file which contains the configuration for the repository.
>
>> I can't get the fileset working properly. This is my attempt.
>
> You don't say what your attempt results in 8-)
>
>>       <target name="archive">
>>               <tstamp/>
>>               <antcall target="clean"/>
>>               <zip destfile="c:/archive/${ant.project.name}-${DSTAMP}.zip">
>>                       <fileset dir=".">
>>                               <exclude name=".hg"/>
>
> This is a non-recursive match on the directory name.  It will still
> allow all files inside that directory as well as all subdirectories to
> get included.  To make this recursive you'd use .hg/** or just .hg/
>
> Stefan

Nick

Re: fileset problem

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.