Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Theresa Jayne Forster <th...@inbrand.co.uk> on 2011/05/06 15:20:28 UTC

Strange problem with no error being generated

I have been trying to create an embedded FOP within Java, It used to work
with the Driver method fine,

But its now not working and just erroring immediately as soon as it hits the
FopFactory.newInstance() call,

No exception no nothing, just moves immediately to the finally clause with
not a peep in the logs, can anyone suggest

What the issue might be.

Kindest regards

Theresa Forster

Senior Software Developer

 <ma...@inbrand.co.uk> theresa@inbrand.co.uk
 <http://www.inbrand.co.uk/> www.inbrand.co.uk

Tel: 01483 266500

IMPORTANT NOTE: This transmission has been sent by or on behalf of In Brand
Software Ltd. The information in this transmission is for the intended
addressee only and is confidential to that intended addressee. If either you
know or you ought reasonably to conclude that you are not, or may not be,
the intended addressee, you are hereby given notice that any unauthorised
dissemination or copying of this transmission and any disclosure or use of
the information
transmitted is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. In such circumstances
we ask for your assistance in notifying us immediately by e-mail, telephone
or letter.

InBrand Software Ltd Registered in England No. 5131004 Registered Office:
The Old Barn, Ewhurst Road, Cranleigh GU6 7EF

Re: Strange problem with no error being generated

Posted by mehdi houshmand <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi Theresa,

Firstly, can you try not to mix queries in threads, if people refer
back to this thread, it makes it difficult to follow. Also, you
already have a thread concerning this issue so anyone that wants to
help you, doesn't have all the information.

That said, I think it might be worth you configuring the fonts
individually rather than depending on the automated method. What
output format are you using? Do you want to reference fonts or embed
them? Take a look at
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/trunk/fonts.html#register, it
explains how to reference fonts individually and it's not clear,
please feel free to ask more questions.

Mehdi

Posted by Theresa Jayne Forster <th...@inbrand.co.uk>.
I thought I had posted, I discovered the issue, it was noclassdeffound
errors but tomcat was swallowing them so I wasn’t getting anywhere on debug,
however when I took the code into a stand alone app it gave me the error, I
was missing all sorts of jars that the previous version of fop I was using
(something like 0.23 modified) wasn’t needed, including xml-api-ext and
Avalon framework.

Now I have an alternate question I am seeing this a lot in my logs, does it
mean that the font was substituted or that it has them and could be
substituted if needed?

2011-05-10 10:04:20,312 [http-8080-3] DEBUG org.apache.fop.fonts.FontInfo -
Font lookup: HelveticaNeue normal 400
2011-05-10 10:04:20,312 [http-8080-3] DEBUG org.apache.fop.fonts.FontInfo -
Font lookup: HelveticaNeue normal 400 substitutable

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.