Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Robert Wynkoop <ro...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/03 02:39:40 UTC

Create plugin / component fails with could not find resource bundle

I created a test plugin / component.  Without making any changes when I
tried to access it and get a resource bundle error.

The log says: Invalid byte 3 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.

Running release 18 branch.

If I delete the non EN lines from the message file, it works.

Local Dev environment is: Java 1.8 u231, Netbeans 8.2(for now)

--
Robert Wynkoop

Re: Create plugin / component fails with could not find resource bundle

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Yes, it's a Windows encoding issue.

In such case I use the Scite editor which has a convenient Encoding option in File menu. Most of the time encoding to UTF-8 with BOM works.

It exist also in Notepad++: https://community.notepad-plus-plus.org/topic/14355/encoding-without-bom-where/2

HTH

Jacques

Posted by Robert Wynkoop <ro...@gmail.com>.
I created a plugin/component called "helloWorld".

The following message file was created(attached to this message):
ofbiz\ofbiz-framework\plugins\helloWorld\config/HelloWorldUiLabels.xml

In the generated labels file, my system only likes the lang="en" lines.
       <value xml:lang="en">HelloWorld Application</value>
        <value xml:lang="zh">HelloWorld应用程�</value>
        <value xml:lang="zh-TW">HelloWorld應用程�</value>

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Robert,