Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Josh Joy <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/26 05:07:58 UTC

Rendered Time - value stored in property? (Tap 4.0.2)

Hi,

When I view my generated HTML source, I see info at
the bottom such as
"<!-- Render time: ~ 9 ms -->"

My question, is the value 9ms stored in some Java
property that I have
access to? All I'm looking to do is to log this
property to a log file
to track generation time. I would guess somehow I
could turn on log4j
Tapestry in DEBUG mode, though I'm only concerned with
the rendered time
value. Thanks.

Thanks,
Josh

Re: Rendered Time - value stored in property? (Tap 4.0.2)

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
No, it's just a standard:

long time = System.currentTimeMillis();

// do stuff

writer.printComment( ...)

sort of thing in the Shell component. The value is local to the method
context only.

On 4/25/07, Josh Joy <jo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I view my generated HTML source, I see info at
> the bottom such as
> "<!-- Render time: ~ 9 ms -->"
>
> My question, is the value 9ms stored in some Java
> property that I have
> access to? All I'm looking to do is to log this
> property to a log file
> to track generation time. I would guess somehow I
> could turn on log4j
> Tapestry in DEBUG mode, though I'm only concerned with
> the rendered time
> value. Thanks.
>
> Thanks,
> Josh