Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Thierry Kormann <Th...@sophia.inria.fr> on 2000/11/08 16:02:15 UTC

Re: Traces

Hi,

> I would rather take a different approach to traces...
>
> I am happy enough removing most of mine, but
> sometimes they are very useful.

I agree. Anyway, I think we can comment our traces before commiting (and just
put them up when developping). One of the main reason for that is that some
tools produces outputs (as the regard tool) and with some huge traces, the
output is lost. And of course, I think that our first release should not have
traces anymore.

> How about if we replace them with a utility call,
> something like

Sounds good but I think we have to talk about that all together to try to find
a solution that works in many cases. As the first release is soon, I think we
might remove our traces manually until the first release. Then one of our first
item could be the debug stuffs.

May be, you can send us a proposal for that ?

Thierry.

--
Thierry Kormann
email: Thierry.Kormann@sophia.inria.fr  http://www.inria.fr/koala/tkormann/