Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mirza Abbas Raza <ab...@yahoo.com> on 2003/02/27 01:12:41 UTC

NullPointerException on Plugin Manager

Hi,
I am new to maven. When I try to start a new project I get a null pointer exception. I have followed the instructions given on maven home page. The null pointer exception is in
org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginManager.attainGoals(PluginManager.java:368)
Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Abbas

Re: NullPointerException on Plugin Manager

Posted by Mirza Abbas Raza <ab...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks. But that was not the issue. I was trying to set up the project for the first time. However, in the command 'maven -Dpackage=com.mycom.app genapp' I had replaced genapp with my module which broke the command. It works now.

 Ben Walding <be...@walding.com> wrote:Make sure you have a project.xml file in the directory you are launching
Maven from.

This is usually the cause of this exception

Posted by Ben Walding <de...@walding.com>.
Already logged as MAVEN-265

I'll get to it eventually!

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.