Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Scott <sb...@northlc.com> on 2007/08/24 18:54:13 UTC

[users@httpd] having trouble rewriting an url from pilotalk.com/drupal to pilotalk.com

Hello there,

I am having some trouble when writing my rewrite rule to allow people to
access www.pilotalk.com instead of www.pilotalk.com/drupal.  I have read the
examples in the httpd book and tried a couple but they don't seem to be
doing what I want here is what I currently have.  It is in a conf file for
drupal Cms.
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/$ /usr/share/drupal/

The drupal installation is at /usr/share/drupal and this is a Fedora 7
machine.  Thanks for any help.

Scott

Re: [users@httpd] having trouble rewriting an url from pilotalk.com/drupal to pilotalk.com

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 8/24/07, Scott <sb...@northlc.com> wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I am having some trouble when writing my rewrite rule to allow people to
> access www.pilotalk.com instead of www.pilotalk.com/drupal.  I have read the
> examples in the httpd book and tried a couple but they don't seem to be
> doing what I want here is what I currently have.  It is in a conf file for
> drupal Cms.

What do you mean "conf file for drupal Cms"? These are apache httpd
directives that need to be in an apache config file like httpd.conf.

> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteRule ^/$ /usr/share/drupal/
>

> The drupal installation is at /usr/share/drupal and this is a Fedora 7
> machine.  Thanks for any help.

And what happens when you try it? What is in the RewriteLog?

At minimum, I expect that drupal needs access to more than just its
first page under that path, so you would need to redirect all requests
as in
RewriteRule ^/(.*) /usr/share/drupal/$1

But that brings up the question: Why don't you just point your
DocumentRoot at /usr/share/drupal? If that isn't what you want, you'll
need to better explain exactly how you want your system to behave.

Joshua.