Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2015/12/28 19:26:22 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Unomi 1.0.0-incubating

Hi all,

I submit Apache Unomi 1.0.0-incubating release to your vote.

A vote was held on developer mailing list and it passed with 7 +1s.

Vote thread:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-unomi-dev/201512.mbox/%3C5679AACE.1080902@nanthrax.net%3E
Result thread:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-unomi-dev/201512.mbox/%3C5680CAAF.7080304%40nanthrax.net%3E

The vote is open for 72 hours:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Thanks,
Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Unomi 1.0.0-incubating

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

You might also want to look at [1]. From a quick look I think you are also also missing a disclaimer.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#check-list

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Unomi 1.0.0-incubating

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com>.
Hi John,

I was talking about this email from Roy Fielding that Niall referenced here: http://s.apache.org/srcrel but it's not really important.

>> JB has been really working hard on helping this project getting off the
>> ground and it’s a shame this was caught so late (but it’s good that it was
>> caught nonetheless). I’d like to keep him as motivated as possible so I
>> take the opportunity to thank him here for all his hard work.
>
> JB's a great guy to have on any project.

+1 :)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi,

You might want to double check LICENSE and NOTICE files as well before calling for another vote. From a quick look I see Apache, MIT, BSD license software mentioned in the NOTICE when it should not be. Please see [1][2][3]. Also the second bit about NOTICE contents bubbling up would also apply here [4].

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#alv2-dep
2. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps
3. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#mod-notice
4. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#alv2-dep

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Unomi 1.0.0-incubating

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Hi Serge,

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com>.
Hello Niall (and Daniel),

[CANCEL][VOTE] Release Apache Unomi 1.0.0-incubating

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Fair enough,

I cancel this vote to prepare a new release containing src distro.

Regards
JB

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.
Thanks Jean-Baptiste,
however....there are no less than 215 java binaries in that RC - I
couldn't possibly vote +1 on something I don't know what is, and I'm not
about to go reverse engineer it to find out.

Other than that it seems okay, but consider this a tentative -1.

With regards,
Daniel.

> Hi Daniel,
>
> sorry, it's on the staging repo:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheunomi-1002/org/apache/unomi/unomi/1.0.0-incubating/
>

> I will upload to dist.apache.org when the release vote will pass.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 12/28/2015 07:31 PM, Daniel Gruno wrote:
>> On 12/28/2015 07:26 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I submit Apache Unomi 1.0.0-incubating release to your vote.
>>>
>>> A vote was held on developer mailing list and it passed with 7 +1s.
>>>
>>> Vote thread:
>>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-unomi-dev/201512.mbox/%3C5679AACE.1080902@nanthrax.net%3E
>>>

>>> Result thread:
>>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-unomi-dev/201512.mbox/%3C5680CAAF.7080304%40nanthrax.net%3E