Posted to wsif-user@ws.apache.org by Aron Vaughan <av...@betweenmarkets.com> on 2003/12/17 16:04:46 UTC

typemapping for byte []

Greetings,

Getting an error calling a method with a byte[] as one of the
parameters.  The error is:

org.apache.wsif.WSIFException: Method validate(class java.lang.String,
class java.lang.String, class java.lang.String, class [B, class
java.lang.String) was not found in portType
{urn:com.betweenmarkets.validation.service}ValidationService

my (pertinent) wsdl has the following:

    <wsdl:operation name="validate">

      <java:operation methodName="validate" methodType="instance"
parameterOrder="cpaUuid bpssUuid bpssRoleName documentBytes
documentClassURI" returnPart="validateReturn"/>

      <wsdl:input name="validateRequest">

      </wsdl:input>

      <wsdl:output name="validateResponse">

      </wsdl:output>

    </wsdl:operation>

  <wsdl:message name="validateRequest">

    <wsdl:part name="cpaUuid" type="xsd:string"/>

    <wsdl:part name="bpssUuid" type="xsd:string"/>

    <wsdl:part name="bpssRoleName" type="xsd:string"/>

    <wsdl:part name="documentBytes" type="xsd:base64Binary"/>

    <wsdl:part name="documentClassURI" type="xsd:string"/>

  </wsdl:message>

<format:typeMap typeName="xsd:base64Binary" formatType="[B"/>

Is my typemapping incorrect?  I can change the byte [] to String and get
a successful call.  I appreciate any help.

-Aron Vaughan