Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org> on 2012/07/27 16:38:55 UTC

[chain2] ChainConfigurationException?

Hi Elijah,

I think something went wrong during the refactoring - when tried to
recompile, the core module fails for the following reason:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:compile
(default-compile) on project commons-chain2-core: Compilation failure
[ERROR] /commons-chain/core/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/chain2/ChainConfigurationException.java:[43,8]
cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol  : constructor
RuntimeException(java.lang.String,java.lang.Throwable,boolean,boolean)
[ERROR] location: class java.lang.RuntimeException

Moreover: shouldn't the ChainConfigurationException class be moved in
the configuration APIs module?

TIA!
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Re: [chain2] ChainConfigurationException?

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
the build works like a charm now, anyway I am still confused about the
nature of this exception: it is thrown by the
CatalogueFactory#checkForValidConfigurationModule() method wich checks
the ConfiggParser in the current classloader...

All that looks like a Matrioska[1] - I _think_ we can drop that method
from the factory, move the ChainConfigurationException in the
config-api module, and revamp the parser adding a ConfigParserFactory
รก-la slf4j...

thoughts?
TIA and have a nice weekend!
-Simo