Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Dennis Bekkering <dj...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/19 10:18:36 UTC

removal aware list

Hello all,

I have an M:N collection that has a ManageableArrayList as collection class
and proxy set to true. But when the collection is materialized the
underlying implementation becomes RemovalAwareList. When i remove items from
that list the records are also deleted. I tried to find out how that can
happen with the debugger but i cannot find out why.

regards,
Dennis

Re: removal aware list

Posted by Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <ed...@mgrinformatica.com.br>.
Yes, I have a system with about 600 entities, several are M:N, and all
are proxies.
I can't reproduce either.
I'm using 1.0.3.

Regards,

Richter

Re: removal aware list

Posted by Dennis Bekkering <dj...@gmail.com>.
> I tried to reproduce your test (m:n reference + proxy) without success -
> I always get a ManageableArrayList instance. I'm using latest from SVN
> (OJB_1_0_RELEASE branch).
> Could you exactly describe how to reproduce your problem.
>
> regards,
> Armin

While describing i found out that there was another M:N collection
that did not specified the collection class. While stepping i thought
it was the other, thanks and sorry to have bothered you with this
because nothing is wrong.

Cheers,
Dennis

Re: removal aware list

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Dennis,

Re: removal aware list

Posted by Dennis Bekkering <dj...@gmail.com>.
Richter,

I use 1.04 and explicitly configured ojb not to use a RemovalAwareList. I
explicitly configured ojb to use a ManageableArrayList. But still i get a
RemovalAwareList out of the proxy class's getData method.

regards,
Dennis

2006/9/19, Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <
edson.richter@mgrinformatica.com.br>:

> As name said, it's a "Removal Aware". If you don't wish objects removed,
> don't use "RemovarAware". The default implementation is not
> "RemovalAwareList", so it's sufficient to remove the specific
> implementation on mapping.
>
> IT: some older versions of OJB used RemovalAwareList as default - so,
> please, if you are not using 1.0.3 or 1.0.4, upgrade your version (check
> mail list about changes that could affect your upgrade).
>
> Regards,
>
> Richter
>

> Dennis Bekkering escreveu:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I have an M:N collection that has a ManageableArrayList as collection
> > class
> > and proxy set to true. But when the collection is materialized the
> > underlying implementation becomes RemovalAwareList. When i remove
> > items from
> > that list the records are also deleted. I tried to find out how that can
> > happen with the debugger but i cannot find out why.
> >
> > regards,
> > Dennis

mvg,
Dennis