Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Brittany Hermann <he...@google.com> on 2022/02/24 02:53:32 UTC

Google Summer of Code (GSoC) - Beam Project Submissions

Brittany Hermann <he...@google.com>
6:52 PM (0 minutes ago)
to datapls-plat-team, dataflow-eou-team
Hi folks,

We are happy to announce that the ASF has submitted an application to be a
part of Google Summer of Code 2022 <https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/>!

It is now time for projects and mentors to sign up. If you have a project
idea for Beam that you'd like to suggest and are willing to be a mentor or
co-mentor, please let me know so that I can submit an application before
the end of next week!

Please note: This is no longer an initiative for just students. Therefore,
you may get really experienced people to work with and you can take
advantage of this!

What we need from you:
1. Project title
2. Detailed description of project
3. Expected outcomes
4. Skills required/preferred
5. Possible Mentor Name(s)
6. Expected size of project
7. Expected rating of difficulty

**Please see Defining a project
<https://google.github.io/gsocguides/mentor/defining-a-project-ideas-list> and
the mentor guide <https://google.github.io/gsocguides/mentor/> for more
information  *

Additional helpful resources include:
ASF's participation in GSoC <https://community.apache.org/gsoc.html>
Existing list of current and past GSoC projects for Beam
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-13865?jql=project%20%3D%20BEAM%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Open%20AND%20labels%20in%20(mentor%2C%20gsoc%2C%20gsoc2022)>

Brittany Hermann

Data Analytics Program Manager

1190 Bordeaux Drive , Building 4, Sunnyvale, CA 94089
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/1190+Bordeaux+Drive+,+Building+4,+Sunnyvale,+CA+94089?entry=gmail&source=g>