Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Anilkumar Gingade <ag...@pivotal.io> on 2016/06/02 18:10:30 UTC

Re: Proposal to allow eviction and expiration operations/events with AsyncEventQueue.

Hi Team,

As proposed here, we added support to propagate eviction and expiration
(destroy) operation to AsyncEventQueue using single flag/attribute
"ignoreEvictionAndExpiration" by default which is true (to keep the same
behavior) and one could set (false) to receive eviction/expiration event...

But we come across a product issue, GEODE-1472, that cause data
inconsistency (with eviction destroy)....For this reason we are planning to
break the "ignoreEvictionAndExpiration" attribute to eviction and
expiration specific:
"ignoreEvictionDestroy", "ignoreExpirationDestroy"...

Currently we are planning to support "ignoreExpirationDestroy",  and add
"ignoreEvictionDestroy" once GEODE-1472 is fixed...

Looking for comments on this...

Thanks,
-Anil.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-1472

Posted by William Markito <wm...@pivotal.io>.
+1

--

~/William

Re: Proposal to allow eviction and expiration operations/events with AsyncEventQueue.

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Anilkumar Gingade <ag...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Jason Huynh <jh...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Anilkumar Gingade <ag...@pivotal.io>.