Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jim Geppert <ge...@mail.org> on 2003/06/15 15:41:21 UTC

Marshalling from objects to XML without sending

I want to use Axis to create my SOAP xml from objects as it would when doing an RPC call with a Stub.  However, I don't want to do the actual send.  Can anybody recommend how to do this?  In walking through the Stub invoke() code, I see that the Call object is doing this:
          RPCElement body = new RPCElement(namespace, method, args);
This would be great, but if I use this code outside of the Stub I get a "can't find serializer" exception.
This makes sense to me (I haven't registered the serializers) but I'm not sure what the best technique is for setting up things for the marshalling.
Is there another way anyone would recommend?

Thanks,
Jim