Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Bhavesh Asanabada <as...@gmail.com> on 2022/08/22 10:16:40 UTC

Migrating Data from MySQL to MongoDB.

Hi,
I created a migration script from MySQL to MongoDB. I took the SQL dump
file from gridchem and restored it to the local server. Then tried to
export the individual tables into a JSON file (molecule.json), the JSON
object notation can be viewed in the molecule.sql file, and used the mongo
commands to import the MongoCLI utilities.

For demonstration, I took the molecule table available in the OEstorage,
which has most of the properties provided in molecule.proto, and migrated
the data to MongoDB collection, named as "molecule". The molecule data had
a few errors that were modified using the SQL queries, you can find the
modifications made in the moleculesUpdate.sql file.

Code repo:
https://github.com/bhavesh-asana/airavata-sandbox/tree/master/gsoc2022/smilesdb/Migrations
GitHub Pull Request: Query SMILES Data #64
<https://github.com/apache/airavata-sandbox/pull/64/commits/5fac3ae431474c53cff5fd2d63937e497ae7ec5d>

In the future build,

   - I would create an array of tables to iterate and migrate the available
   data into a defined collection.

I would like to hear any suggests or changes needed.

Thanks
Bhavesh Asanabada