Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2007/04/10 20:55:08 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Should we re-enable the JVMCheck warning message for the 2.0 release?

I would think we'd need to check for Java < 1.5 more urgently than Java > 1.5.

Thanks,
         Aaron

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Using a < 1.5 JVM is more likely to barf up a class version
incompatibility... unless the bootstrap modules (and their libraries)
are compiled to be compatible with 1.4, but I don't think that is
worth trying to enforce.

I don't see any point in adding this extra warning layer muck.

--jason