Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stefan Hübner <st...@googlemail.com> on 2008/02/13 08:03:36 UTC

cannot use -Darchetype(GroupId/ArtifactId) with maven-archetype-plugin 2.0-alpha-1

Hi everybody,

does anybody experience the same issue like me since updating to the
latest maven-archetype-plugin? I'm trying to create a new project by
invoking e.g. (taken directly from
http://mojo.codehaus.org/groovy/groovy-maven-archetype/index.html)

mvn archetype:create \
    -DarchetypeGroupId=org.codehaus.mojo.groovy \
    -DarchetypeArtifactId=groovy-maven-archetype \
    -DgroupId=com.mycompany \
    -DpackageName=com.mycompany.mymodule \
    -DartifactId=mymodule

When invoking this the archetype-plugin asks me to pick one of the
standard-archetypes. the groovy-archetype isn't even listed, although
is resides in my local repo.

What's going on?

-Stefan

javadoc for maven API ...

Posted by Kedar Mhaswade <Ke...@Sun.COM>.
Pardon me if this is already available elsewhere, but the API

http://maven.apache.org/ref/2.0.7/maven-project/apidocs/

does not cross-link with API's from maven-model, maven-monitor.

E.g. MavenProject.getBuild() has:

  org.apache.maven.model.Build 	getBuild()

where  org.apache.maven.model.Build is not linked to the Build class from
maven-model apidocs.

What can I do to improve navigability of the maven javadoc?

Thanks,
Kedar

PS - In general, we can (should?) improve the quality of the apidocs, but
that's a topic for another day.

Re: cannot use -Darchetype(GroupId/ArtifactId) with maven-archetype-plugin 2.0-alpha-1

Posted by Stefan Hübner <st...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Stuart,

On 13/02/2008, Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net> wrote:
> I think you've picked up the new release of the archetype plugin
> which by default runs in interactive mode, with choices from an
> internal catalog (even when the archetype groupId and artifactId
> are already selected)

Thats the behaviour I'm seeing, yes

> this has been raised and discussed on the developer list:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/New-archetype-plugin-issues-questions....-td15435079s177.html
>
> and a fix is in progress, until a new release is made you can use:

OK, fine

>   mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:1.0-alpha-7:create
> ...etc...
>
> to force Maven to use the old version :(

That's OK for the hopefully shorter period of time

-Stefan

Re: cannot use -Darchetype(GroupId/ArtifactId) with maven-archetype-plugin 2.0-alpha-1

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.
On 13/02/2008, Stefan Hübner <st...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> does anybody experience the same issue like me since updating to the
> latest maven-archetype-plugin? I'm trying to create a new project by
> invoking e.g. (taken directly from
> http://mojo.codehaus.org/groovy/groovy-maven-archetype/index.html)
>
> mvn archetype:create \
>     -DarchetypeGroupId=org.codehaus.mojo.groovy \
>     -DarchetypeArtifactId=groovy-maven-archetype \
>     -DgroupId=com.mycompany \
>     -DpackageName=com.mycompany.mymodule \
>     -DartifactId=mymodule
>
> When invoking this the archetype-plugin asks me to pick one of the
> standard-archetypes. the groovy-archetype isn't even listed, although
> is resides in my local repo.
>
> What's going on?

I think you've picked up the new release of the archetype plugin
which by default runs in interactive mode, with choices from an
internal catalog (even when the archetype groupId and artifactId
are already selected)

this has been raised and discussed on the developer list:

http://www.nabble.com/New-archetype-plugin-issues-questions....-td15435079s177.html

and a fix is in progress, until a new release is made you can use:

  mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:1.0-alpha-7:create
...etc...

to force Maven to use the old version :(

-Stefan

Cheers, Stuart