Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "WAGNER, Urs" <Ur...@ser.ch> on 2007/12/19 15:35:35 UTC

Attribute for String and List

Is it possible to define a tag attribute valid for

Both String and List<String>?

When I use a List<String> attribute with a String a such

An error:

javax.servlet.jsp.el.ELException: Attempt to convert String "1;2;5;10"
to type "java.util.List", but there is no PropertyEditor for that type

If the argument is a String I would like to call a string tokenizer with
; delimiter.

Re: Attribute for String and List

Posted by Vitaliy Tymchyshyn <ti...@gtech-ua.com>.
WAGNER, Urs wrote:

> Is it possible to define a tag attribute valid for
>
> Both String and List<String>?
>

> When I use a List<String> attribute with a String a such
>
> An error:
>

> javax.servlet.jsp.el.ELException: Attempt to convert String "1;2;5;10"
> to type "java.util.List", but there is no PropertyEditor for that type
>

> If the argument is a String I would like to call a string tokenizer with
> ; delimiter.

Make it java.lang.Object