Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stephane Bailliez <sb...@imediation.com> on 2002/01/08 11:59:30 UTC

RE: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/types E numeratedAttribute.java

I can do it. IDEA does not add brace AFAIK but I might be wrong so I will
have to use Metamata Audit as a first pass for this and do the reindent with
IDEA.

> BTW anyone who has never used IDEA before - try it. It is the
> first editor
> that got me away from emacs ... I now even reboot into win32
> (yuck) to code
> because it such a nice editor.

Yep it is really cool, the refactoring is *way* cool and I cannot code w/o
the autoimport anymore. The debugger is not perfect (cannot debug looooong
string like SQL queries since they are trimmed to a certain length) but it
is a lightweight powerful sexy IDE.

Otherwise:

- Eclipse has an additional feature that detect unused local variables.

- JDeveloper 9 has an amazing debugger integrated w/ a profiler and a
codecoach (if you have used the Intel VTune profiler, it has the same
concept of CodeCoach that gives optimization advice) but the project
management is crap to me and it is *huge* (more than 250MB required), it
brings my poor home Celeron 450/256MB on its knees.

> > attributes of EnumeratedAttribute to private.... :-(
>
> I have no idea if you did - if it was protected last release
> then it should
> stay protected :(

Argh ! Will switch back to protected then...

Stephane