Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andrew Madu <an...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/20 00:30:10 UTC

Mixing flow resources

Hi,
can anyone tell me whether it is possible to mix both JavaFlow and
flowscript resources in a sitemap? For example when I do:

  <map:flow language="java">
     <map:script src="Login"/>
  </map:flow>

 <map:flow language="javascript">
     <map:script src="flow/userOrder.js"/>
 </map:flow>

I get an error message informing me that the class file Login does not
exist. How can I manage both in the same sitemap?

regards

Andrew

Re: Mixing flow resources

Posted by Andrew Madu <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simone,
my Login class is situated in WEB-INF/Classes. If I define the javaflow by
itself:

  <map:flow language="java">
     <map:script src="Login"/>
  </map:flow>

the class is found no problem, but as as soon as I do:

  <map:flow language="java">
     <map:script src="Login"/>
  </map:flow>

  <map:flow language="javascript">
     <map:script src="dosomethinghere"/>
  </map:flow>

then the Login class cannot be located. Conversely if I define the
javascript before the java then the javascript cannot be found!

Andrew

Re: Mixing flow resources

Posted by Simone Gianni <s....@thebug.it>.
Hi Andrew,
I think my diagnosis on your javaflow issue is correct, but in cocoon
2.1.9-dev it explicitly says :

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Only
one <map:flow> is allowed in a sitemap. Another one is declared at
sitemap.xmap:420:37.

So sorry, you can't mix two flow enginges. I based my assumption on a
partial support i've seen in code but i believe now it's not there anymore.

Simone

--
Simone Gianni

Re: Mixing flow resources

Posted by Simone Gianni <s....@thebug.it>.
Hi Andrew,

--
Simone Gianni

Re: Mixing flow resources

Posted by Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>.
On Mon, 2006-03-20 at 13:11 +0000, Andrew Madu wrote:
> Hi Bruno,
> any ideas if and when this feature will be implemented into cocoon>

There are no plans to do so, if you think this should be changed, you
can start a discussion on the mailing list.

Re: Mixing flow resources

Posted by Andrew Madu <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bruno,

Re: Mixing flow resources

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
>> I get an error message informing me that the class file Login does
>> not
>> exist. How can I manage both in the same sitemap?

The flow machinery has some flaws and needs some refactoring.
After that there are no technical reasons why this should not be
possible.

cheers
--
Torsten