Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by BugRat Mail System <to...@cortexity.com> on 2001/01/10 18:27:51 UTC

BugRat Report #733 has been filed.

Bug report #733 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/733>

REPORT #733 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Feature Requests
SubCategory: New Feature
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: non-critical
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: Jakarta 3.2
   JVM Release: n/a
   Operating System: Windows 2000
   OS Release: 5.00.2195
   Platform: Compaq

Synopsis:
Welcome-file tag fails

Unable to change the default page for a web site.

I added the following lines to web.xml
  <welcome-file-list>
    <welcome-file>techsupp.html</welcome-file>
  </welcome-file-list>

I then restart tomcat and apache and loaded my web browers using URL = "http://localhost/tech". I get a directory list displayed in the web browers.

If I select the file techsupp.html the file is loaded and display.

I search the each file in jakarata/conf directory for the techsupp.html and did not find any occurs of this file being references.

I then found in context.java where tomcat was building a list of welcome files using addWelcomeFile method of the context object. But did not find any object calling getWelcomeFiles method of the context object.