Posted to dev@datasketches.apache.org by leerho <le...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/14 00:21:10 UTC

[VOTE] DataSketches-memory 1.1.0-RC2

Hello Apache DataSketches PPMC and Community,

1. This is a call for vote to release Apache DataSketches-memory version:
 1.1.0-incubating-RC2

NOTE 1: This is one component of the DataSketches library that provides
high-performance access
to off-heap memory for Java applications. These are low-level functions
that are used by other
DataSketches components. It does not provide any command-line interface or
GUI.

NOTE 2: This release contains some critical performance improvements for
Apache Druid.

NOTE 3: This particular component has been split out from the rest of the
DataSketches
code because there have been a number of requests from platform projects
that are interested in
these high-performance functions independently of the remainder of the
DataSketches library.

NOTE 4: This RC2 fixes some problems in the structure of the POM file of
RC1. There are no other changes.

2. The release candidate:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/datasketches/memory/1.1.0-incubating-RC2/

3. Source repository:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-datasketches-memory

Git Tag for this release:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-datasketches-memory/tree/1.1.0-incubating-RC2
on branch 1.1.X-incubating

Git HashId for this release starts with: d94fcef

The artifacts have been signed with --keyid-format SHORT : 8CD4A902

4. Repository: dist.apache.org repository:

The public signing key can be found in the KEYS file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/datasketches/KEYS

5. Repository: Maven Central (repository.apache.org):

The Jar artifacts can be found at
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/datasketches/datasketches-memory/1.1.0-incubating/

6. Build & Test Guide:

The DataSketches-memory component is pure Java and is structured as a Maven
project.  You must compile using JDK 8.
There is one run-time dependency for logging and, of course, a number of
test and Maven plugin dependencies,
all of which can be resolved by Maven.

There are two types of tests: normal unit tests and tests run by the strict
profile.  To run normal unit tests:

  $ mvn clean test

To run the strict profile tests:

  $ mvn clean test -P strict

To install jars in your local .m2 repository:

  $ mvn clean install

7. Documentation: The documentation for the DataSketches Memory component
is part of the website.

Overview documentation:
- https://datasketches.github.io/docs/Memory/MemoryPackage.html
- https://datasketches.github.io/docs/Memory/MemoryPerformance.html

Javadocs:
https://datasketches.github.io/api/memory/snapshot/apidocs/index.html

8. The vote will be performed in two stages:
   - This letter will be published on dev@ and remain open for at least 72
hours and at least 3 (+1) PPMC votes are reached.
     All PPMC members including Mentors can vote. However, a negative vode
from a Mentor will cancel this voting process.
     The 72 hours will elapse as of Friday, August 16, 2019, PDT (UTC -7
hours).

   - After it passes the first stage, the summary of that vote and the key
information from this letter will be
     published on general@incubator and remain open for at least 72 hours
     and at least 3 (+1) IPMC votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,
Lee Rhodes
leerho@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] DataSketches-memory 1.1.0-RC2

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

+1 from me.

I checked:

- Incubating in name
- LICENSE is fine
- NOTICE is fine
- No unexpected binary files
- Code compiles and tests successfully run

One objection: DISCLAIMER file should be renamed to DISCLAIMER-WIP and link
at content should point to datasketches.

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

15 Ağu 2019 Per, saat 03:09 tarihinde Liang Chen <ch...@gmail.com>

Posted by Liang Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Regards
Liang

Re: [VOTE] DataSketches-memory 1.1.0-RC2

Posted by Gian Merlino <gi...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)